Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Mongolia, second Beijing. Farewell London

Me outside the hotel room, going for a walk.

We went drinking at an Irish pub with some of Tuya's girlfriends. Later we went to a danceclub and Tuya was very sick. An allergic reaction to her medicine and the red wine.

A ger camp in Terelj national park. We stayed here with some of Tuya's friends. I felt somewhat left out because I speak no Mongolian and only Tuya speaks English (or was willing to try).

So things seem to happen very quickly in my life. The latest news is that the UK embassy refused Tuya's visa. Their reason was she hadn't explained how learning English would help her in the future. I can't begin to explain how idiotic I think these people are. They are refusing a legitimate student an education and the British economy valuable income. Good work UK. One way or another we will visit the UK again but probably not for some time. We may even live there at some point.

So, I basically washed my hands of my country for the time being and we have moved to Beijing. It's easy to get a student visa apparently here and hopefully a work visa for me. Within a couple of days we flew to Beijing, after spending some time in Terelj national park near Ulaanbaatar, and signed a lease on a really nice 2 bedroom apartment in Beijing's Soho district.

I returned to London to properly finish up some business here. I have allowed myself only 2 days to move out of my studio, get a refund from the English school where Tuya was hoping to study, do some banking business, and resign from my company. I'll attach some photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.