Saturday, May 26, 2007

the blahs in LA



It is ironic that so many people want to come to Hollywood. I have been here more years than I care to mention. All right, twist my arm, it is 22 fucking years in the Los Angeles area. I'm tired of it and need a change of scenery. I think you could live in the best place on earth and eventually you would need a change. It is basic human nature.

There's nothing essentially wrong with LA. Other than people are really physically toned and have a pretense of being cool and indifferent. So what do I have to offer that is any different? But, the cool and indifferent part is something I don't care for. I prefer places where people are genuinely interested in other people. Where there is nothing wrong with asking a stranger where they are from.

So, I'm just tired of it. Most of my friends have moved to London or China. I think I have just one genuine long-term friend left in Southern California. However, he lives 3 hours drive from here. So, frankly, I've had enough. I'm looking at business opportunities in Asia and, if the worst comes to the worst, I can always work in visual effects on movies in London.

All I do is hike and go to the gym and dream of Asia. The hiking is nice, the gym is nice, but lack of a social life is killing me. Tomorrow (Sunday May 27th) I leave for London, Hong Kong, Beijing, and possibly Mongolia. Almost a four week trip. Tomorrow can not come soon enough ......

No comments: