Tuesday, May 15, 2007

two thirds of the world trip

Around the world (or 2/3 of it) in 21 days.

I went on a fast trip around two-thirds of the world. Starting in Los Angeles, I flew Air Canada to London to spend a couple of days in Northern England to see family. Pictured is me outside the Sheffield railway station. The classic granite facade is really attractive and ornate.

Then I flew Air New Zealand to Hong Kong. Took the train to Beijing, flew back to Shanghai for a couple of days, then back to Hong Kong for one night, then to London, and Los Angeles. The last part of the trip was a nightmare of flying everyday for more than 12 hours per day.

Unfortunately, I lost most of my photos after my camera was stolen in Shanghai. So I'm trying to recover some photos from friends that I met. It's a long drawn out process. This is what I have so far.



This is my father, sister, and I outside my parents house. Note the stylish and classic brick built homes.

Then flew on to Hong Kong for two nights of craziness in Lan Kwai Fong.



Afterwards, I took the 25 hour long train trip to Beijing, where I spent the majority of my time. It wasn't this train but I had to add a train photo. This photo is actually on the Hong Kong airport to downtown train. But what the heck, a train's a train, right?

The people in the image below are my old and new friends at a rock festival in Northern Beijing. It was pretty good.




Then we concluded the evening with tons of sushi and drinks for the monumental price of US$4 per head. It doesn't get much better than this.



If you'd like to see more photos, it would be quicker to just go to my photo webpage:
http://mfoster.smugmug.com/gallery/2814193#150395856

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say I am fond of the "out for sushi" picture in which the girl in the forefront is poking at her food with one chopstick in each hand :) Anyway, glad you had a good (and safe) trip, now I need to get back to my quad con panna...