Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Funeral English style

My 100 year old grandmother died a week ago and I gladly attended the funeral of this remarkable woman. We were very close. One bonus was I got to see cousins, uncles and aunts I hadn't seen for more than 25 years, in some cases.


The crematorium where the funeral service was held. My father, mother, and uncle spoke about grandma. It was very moving. She was very loved.



My elder brother and our next door neighbours from when we were growing up. We've known this couple for our entire lives.



The majority of the family and some family friends. It was a great reunion, especially for seeing cousins again who are around my age but I haven't seen since they were children.



My brother and has wife outside their house.


Photo above is my mother, my cousin Linda, me, and my auntie Sheila (Linda's Mum).

No comments: