Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The deadline is approaching and I have good news!


Well, my largest piece of property is now sold. I spent a fun day with a Chinese couple from Harbin, Northern China who wanted to buy my car. We ran around all afternoon to banks and the DMV (the Department of Motor Vehicles). I learned a little bit more about Chinese culture from my discussions with them. Unfortunately, I lost money on the car -- you always do when you buy a car new -- but it would have been much worse if I'd sold it to a Subaru dealer. The dealer only would give me $16,000 but I sold it for $21,200. So I will look at it from a positive point of view.

I was concerned about all the reports of fake cashiers checks. So I insisted on cash from the buyers. Now I'm worried about carrying so much cash with me. I am going to the bank today to deposit the money. I should be a bit more relaxed after that and I will have a good workout at the healthclub tonight.

So I only have my BMW motorcycle, my sofa bed and my bed to sell now. If I can't sell the motorcycle I think I will send it to England by ship and use it there. It's a nice bike and I wouldn't mind keeping it. I have an idea I might ride it to China in the Spring from London. Hey, if Ewan McGregor can do it, I am sure I can.

No comments: