Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Final Chaotic week in Los Angeles


A quick riddle: How do you get all the above items into 2 suitcases? The answer is: you can't!!! You throw away a bunch of stuff because there is no way of fitting it all in, even if you wanted to. What you do is ponder for hours and hours what you can keep and what you can throw away. Some stuff is easy but it's items of clothes that you had for years and you know you got your money's worth. Others are much harder because it was somewhat expensive and you know you might buy one again just like it.

It's a tough exercise, but when you are finished your can feel a sense of satisfaction that your life is much less complicated than before. You may also regret having to throw away or donate items that couldn't be sold and you couldn't take.

I did successfully sell most of my stuff. Most of the high value items too. Except my motorcycle which I am paying about US$1200 to ship to the UK. I hope I can use it there. I'm taking a risk, I suppose. But I didn't have many people interested and I didn't want to give away a nice bike. Riding it to China sounds like an interesting adventure for next spring.

No comments: