Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Birthday celebrations at work






Just a quick post to show an event at my job in Beijing. Every month, they have a birthday celebration for all the people with birthdays in that month. There's fruity birthday cake and singing "happy birthday" in English. This is pretty similar to companies in the USA. Except at my company there are only 4 non-chinese (1 English, 1 Canadian, 2 Americans) out of about 150 employees.

In the photos you'll notice everybody is dressed in warm clothing. We still have no heating in Beijing for one more week. The government controls the central heating. So the outer offices, like the "games" room and my office are quite chilly. Apparently, when the heat comes on, it's too hot all the time and can't be easily regulated. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I'll see.

No comments: